Electronics symbols die.
Today, while just about to do it, I just realized that the (previous) design was plain dull. It had no personality, in a way, it said nothing to me…they where just symbols…
Thinking for a while, idea struck my mind…something like the history of components…
The idea is to represent the electronics advancement in time, and the symbols are:
- Resistor. Any metal whire has electrical resistance.
- Capacitor(+ resistor). Two metal plates that can store energy between them.
- Coil (+ capacitor + resistor). A wound whire that resists electrical current change.
- Diode (+ coil + capacitor + resistor). Allows electrical current in one direction but not the other. Precursor of the transistor.
- Operational amplifier. Makes use of all the above components to create a singular circuit capable of amplifying, filtering and much more.
- Integrated circuit. The pinacle of electronics. Any component of the above doesn’t get smaller than in this package.
I hope this design satisfies those who voted the die in the poll. Let me know what do you think.